Cyriax Modern Orthopaedic Medicine Courses
NEW : we launched the first orthopaedic medicine video courses on USB card !
Register for the next FREE webinar on 23 march 2019
"That was very informative. Really enjoyed your method of teaching. It was really very simple and very useful. Thanks for this webinar hope will enjoy your next and will join your online coure in future" Dr Muhammad Fasih PT
The (r)evolution in musculoskeletal education for health professionals
Here's your first present : did you already download my free e-book “Clinical Reasoning in Orthopaedic Medicine”, a 156p practical guide on standardized examination ?
It’s my passion to inspire and to train health professionals who want to go the next level in their professional expertise in musculoskeletal medicine. You will not only become a better therapist but you will also (re)discover a new pleasure in your daily clinical practice. Ultimate satisfaction for both you and your patient.
How do I reach those goals ?
- Perhaps, at this time you are too busy and have less time or money to travel to attend a "live" course ? Discover our very extensive online distance learning platform on which you find about 20 hrs of practical instruction films on diagnosis and therapy. Study anywhere, anytime, at your own rhythm !
- For those of you who are looking for the ultimate training, join the exclusive 7 day Master Mind Private Training for which we accept maximum 4 guests, so that you receive a very individual training adapted to your needs. This training is exclusively offered in the ETGOM Training Centre.
- Together with my International Teaching Team we offer modular courses in modern orthopaedic medicine, at present time in about 37 countries.
On top of that I also enjoy creating practical and useful hand outs/books and producing numerous films on diagnosis and treatment strategy.
Together with my team, we go for YOUR success in orthopaedic medicine !
The European Teaching Group of Orthopaedic Medicine, Cyriax (ETGOM) offers the best continuing education courses in modern orthopaedic musculoskeletal medicine for health professionals
- focus on clinical examination with emphasis on relevant clinical reasoning, diagnosis, differential diagnosis
- conservative treatment of soft tissue injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- frequently used treatment options are : transverse friction massage, spinal and peripheral manipulation, mobilization, spinal traction, home exercises- self treatment strategy, injection and infiltration. We also incorporate, when indicated, the use of Radial Shock Wave Therapy or needling techniques.
After attending the basic and advanced training program in modern orthopaedic medicine (Cyriax) the therapist must be able
- to examine a patient in an independent, reliable and safe way and
- to reach a diagnosis as specific and as valid as possible.
- He must manage a multifactorial objective clinical reasoning system.
We focus on diagnosis and therapy within the field of musculoskeletal medicine. Once a diagnosis is obtained the therapist can start a relevant conservative treatment strategy, taking into account the nature, the severity and the localization of the lesion, as well as the personality of the patient, with respect for symbiotic treatment options and inter-method links .
The therapist will promote a thourough multidisciplinary team work between MD and pysical therapist in order to optimize the efficiency of the examination and treatment techniques.
Besides achieving a diagnosis one must also know how to achieve a diferential diagnosis including the recognition of red flags.The therapist has to take into account changing the treatment procedure if necessary, also with emphasis on self treatment and prophylactic strategies in order to help the patient to return to his normal daily activities in a most optimal way.
Up to date Modern Orthopaedic Medicine Cyriax
- Some hypotheses have been refuted, others have been confirmed by qualitative research and others need more investigation.
- Several treatment techniques have been abandoned, others have been optimized significantly
- Modern Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Medicine is a very strong diagnostic and therapeutic concept, which is not a "stand alone" nor a “guru” concept.
- It is an open vision system compatible with some other views and approaches in the field of musculoskeletal medicine (e.g. McKenzie, Maitland, Mulligan,...), but the concept of modern Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Medicine provides an absolute stepstone for all therapists who are involved in diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue lesions.
We avoid "artificial hypercomplication" and "wishful thinking" procedures, perhaps too frequently seen in our profession, instead we prefer to focus on relevant and reliable clinical reasoning procedures and qualitative research.
Invest in efficient knowledge and enhance your diagnostic and therapeutic skills.
ETGOM courses are offered world wide.