Orthopaedic Medicine Courses
The world wide standard in Orthopaedic Medicine Courses
It is our passion to inspire and to train health professionals who want to go the next level in their professional expertise in musculoskeletal medicine. Through the ETGOM Orthopaedic Medicine Courses you will not only become a better therapist but you will also (re)discover a new pleasure in your daily clinical practice. Ultimate satisfaction for both you and your patient.
Why do I need an orthopaedic medicine course ? I already did a Maitland, McKenzie, Mulligan program...?
The European Teaching Group of Orthopaedic Medicine, Cyriax (ETGOM) offers the most practical and inspiring orthopaedic medicine courses for health professionals
- focus on clinical examination with emphasis on relevant clinical reasoning, diagnosis, differential diagnosis
- conservative treatment of soft tissue injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- frequently used treatment options are : transverse friction massage, spinal and peripheral manipulation, mobilization, spinal traction, home exercises- self treatment strategy, injection and infiltration. We also incorporate, when indicated, the use of Radial Shock Wave Therapy or needling techniques.
More success and satisfaction through the ETGOM Orthopaedic Medicine Courses
After attending the orthopaedic medicine courses, consisting of a basic and an advanced training program ithe therapist must be able
- to examine a patient in an independent, reliable and safe way and
- to reach a diagnosis as specific and as valid as possible.
- He must manage a multifactorial objective clinical reasoning system.
We focus on diagnosis and therapy within the field of musculoskeletal medicine. Once a diagnosis is obtained the therapist can start a relevant conservative treatment strategy, taking into account the nature, the severity and the localization of the lesion, as well as the personality of the patient, with respect for symbiotic treatment options and inter-method links .
The therapist will promote a thorough multidisciplinary team work between MD and pysical therapist in order to optimize the efficiency of the examination and treatment techniques.
Besides achieving a diagnosis one must also know how to achieve a diferential diagnosis including the recognition of red flags. The therapist has to take into account changing the treatment procedure if necessary, also with emphasis on self treatment and prophylactic strategies in order to help the patient to return to his normal daily activities in a most optimal way.