- Course options
- Video courses
- Orthopaedic medicine, why ?
- Ask your question
Orthopaedic medicine Cyriax course, module spine
We are happy to announce the next course in modern orthopaedic medicine Cyriax from 12-15 november 2020 in Belgrade. During this spine module we focus on objective clinical reasoning, examination and diagnosis in combination with some efficient treatment techniques.
Keep in mind that we focus intensively on objective clinical reasoning during this course! So, if you are looking for a course with focus on treatment techniques only...with all respect...in that case please don't register for this course.
What's the content ?
- Specific history taking
- General history
- Inspection : what is relevant ?
- Basic functional examination : how to reach, in a valid and practical way, a diagnosis and differential diagnosis, respecting red flags
- Accessory examination
- (ir)relevance of palpation and other diagnostic procedures
- Specific indications and contraindications of manipulative techniques ; techniques with and without traction component
- Specific indications and contraindications of mechanical traction techniques
- Specific indication and contraindications of self treatment exercises
- Creating a treatment strategy with incorporation of prophylactic and self treatment Mechanisms of spontaneous cure procedures
- Accessory SI pain provocation examination
- Clinical reasoning by using a standardized examination protocol incorporating links to McKenzie and other manual therapy approaches : how to reach a diagnosis and differential diagnosis ; is there any compatibility between different methods ?
- Non-mechanical disorders : discover the yellow and red flags
- Differential diagnosis with SI-joint and hip problems
- Indications for epidural local anaesthesia and nerve block
Cervical and thoracic spine
- Cervical : history, inspection, functional examination
- Cervical : pre-manipulative considerations
- Cervical : manipulation indications-contraindications / treatment techniques / therapeutic strategy
- Cervical : recapitulation functional examination + extra test for RA
- Cervical : differential diagnosis - scapular area
- Lumbar : true false questions
- Lumbar : Quizz
- Thoracic : history
- Thoracic : functional examination
- Thoracic : manipulation techniques
- Lumbar : MCQ questions
- Cervical : more differential diagnosis incl. facet joint - whiplash - adhesions
Please don't postpone your registration, seats are limited.
More information and registration : Fizio rs Belgrade.